5th Annual MUSIC VIDEO ASHEVILLE Wed, May 9th at The Cinebarre
A Showcase to Highlight the Pairing of Asheville Musicians & Filmmakers
Screening: Wednesday, May 9th, 2012
NEW TIMES: 6pm Networking Party, 7:15pm seating, 9:30pm awards and crowd vote
VIP Tickets $30 (limited availability- see website for details)
We are thrilled to announce a call for submissions for the 5 year anniversary of Music Video Asheville (MVA), the annual showcase to highlight the pairing of Asheville musicians and filmmakers. MVA returns to the Cinebarre on Wednesday, May 9th and the deadline for submissions to this year’s event is Friday April 6, 2012. Prizes for winners will include a free day of studio time at Echo Mountain Recording Studios and a $500 cash prize!
To celebrate the 5th Anniversary of one of Asheville’s favorite music events, the MVA crew is rolling out the red carpet…literally. This year, Music Video Asheville strongly suggests “Grammy style” attire (with Asheville flair, of course) and is offering a VIP package that can’t be resisted. Pre-show cocktail hour will take place in the lobby from 7-10 complete with limo rides, red carpet and numerous photo ops.
Also NEW to this year, MVA will be hosting an post-awards party at The One Stop starting directly after the event with tunes from DJ Molly Parti! Stay tuned to the website for more details about the VIP ticketing and the afterparty. MVA tickets will go on sale on April 10th.
Music Video Asheville 2012 is produced by Lush Life Productions, theONcorps, Sound Mind Creative, and Dreamspider Publicity. We are proud to announce the 98.1 The River is our media partner for 2012! If you’d like to get involved as a sponsor or volunteer for the event, please contact Kelly Denson at Kelly@LushLifeToday.com. Press inquiries can be directed to Erin Scholze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– HOW TO SUBMIT –
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS April 6, 2012
All Asheville-area musicians and filmmakers are invited to submit music videos. Conceptual Music Videos, Live Performance Videos, Music Documentary Shorts and Experimental/ Animated Music Films are all accepted.
1. Video or film must focus on at least one musical artist currently residing in Buncombe County and must contain at least one song by the artist.
2. Song(s) in the piece must be original
3. There is a $15 submission fee for each video submitted, each individual submission must be under 10 minutes long. Please make your check out to Lush Life Productions.
Please review the complete submission guidelines and fill out the submission form by downloading them at www.musicvideoasheville.com
All submissions may be mailed to: PO Box 17356 Asheville, NC 28816 OR dropped off at Harvest Records in West Asheville on Haywood Road.All submission MUST include the filled out submission form and $15 submission fee.
The video or film must be a standalone clip of the item being submitted in one of the following formats:
1. Best option – send an Apple Pro Res compressed Quicktime at either 1920×1080 or 1280×720
2. Next best option – H.264 Quicktime compression with the highest resolution possible.
Files should be submitted digitally on thumb drive or something similar and be files should be 23.98 FPS
NEW for PC Users: While we appreciate Quicktime files, your entries can also be in mp4 and mov. formats, also in the highest quality settings.
Please note: .Avi, mpeg, basic DVDs or other files will not be accepted. Do not send press kits, one sheets, bios, photos or any other materials with the submission. Submissions that include these materials or are not in the correct format will not be considered.
Who gets selected for the showcase?
All submissions that meet the guidelines will be considered by the MVA committee. The best 90 minutes of footage will be selected for the showcase. Questions about submissions? Email Kelly Denson at Kelly@LushLifeToday.com or call 828-515-1081.
MVA Awards Ceremony:
1. Crowd Favorite Award – At the event, the audience will vote for their favorite video, and the winning artists will receive a $500 cash prize as well as a coveted/quarky MVA trophy. MVA will also acknowledge a crowd favorite runner up this year.
2. Best of Music Video Asheville 2011- MVA is proud to be offering a the BEST OF MVA Award selected by a jury of film and music industry people. The winner will receive a day of free studio time at Echo Mountain Recording.
~The MVA 20121 Committee